Monday, June 14, 2021

* PAST * "INTRODUCTION"

FROM BUT NOUGHT .BLOGSPOT

 

INTRODUCTION

 

There are already four Blogs which are my responsibility -  Edward Beckmann - concerns the life and times of my maternal Grandfather, Conrad Beckmann - concerns the life, times and works of his father, Carl Dopmeyer - concerns the life , times and works of my Great Great Grandfather,Conrad's Father-in-Law; the fourth is VEXILLA REGIS which concerns everything to do with the Catholic Church and I regard it as a religious work dedicated to the glory of God Who established and preserves His Church.

Recently, I had brought to my attention an 81 page account of his life written by my Grandfather Edward Beckmann. The circumstances of its preservation through the 49 years since Grandad's death at 84 yrs are unusual - more of that later. But it tended to concentrate my mind very readily on the possibility of doing something similar concerning my own life and times and thinking, so that my descendants in their old age might also have an inkling of how things were way back "now", and of why this or that happened.

BUT NOUGHT is the result of that idea.My intention is to identify posts about events in my life by a date, usually a year - major events by a specific date.  Other general commentary will be separately identified. It all sounds very logical, but reality does seem to break in on our plans and intentions from time to time - we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment